2013年11月4日 星期一

That is what I look like today


This is probably what I look like from the teaching practice 
Especially when my supporting teacher is not here.
While my unit plan is not ready as I am not familiar with lesson planning for SEN students,
and the communication with supporting teachers, the daily routines for collecting homework,
returning the monthly quizzes and revision exercise, the new school environment,
all of these is too overwhelming and everyday I return home and I really doubt school setting is really my tribe, the students I am spending most of the time with are whether the work I want to do. No. They are probably just a obstacle for me to test my limits, adaptation and skills to cope with emotions. I could have been too necessarily friendly with students that I surrender to set lower standards to their performance on tasks. I immediately dailed Ms Ng for the urgent questions for classroom management yet her suggestions is far too ideal for a band three setting. Yet you can't solely depend on other people and spend time listening to them instead of trying to invest time on setting up a profession role as a teacher to transmit knowledge and at the same time to eliminate classroom misbehaviour. 
Being a teacher is not easy, especially at the first year. 
"Thirty is not the new twenty, 
so claim your adulthood,
get some identity capital
use your weak ties
pick your family,
don't be defined by you didn't know or do
you are deciding your life right now."

That sounds so familiar with the "corpe diem" theme  Her clear and powerful presentation on the identity capital is definitely what I need ! If every teacher shares this persona, I believe every child can grow and have a better take-off."

It is my mission (?) to help to motivate the students to learn
and identify and diagnose their problem
to give them a bang in their innocent heads
about their future and prepare them for their future 
(yet most of them would probably end up in restaurant??boutiques?)
Keep your standards and don't be afraid to let them see your serious side.
Don't kept them too long at the English Corner.
Remember to do the right thing to keep the students/motivate the majority of students.
Students are not products to be manipulative, apart from being shaped by the teacher,
but at least they should not disrupt the teachers' lessons.

At the right time, pick out the students and give them extra training: to copy what they have learnt in lesson and finish the worksheet.

沒有留言:

張貼留言